Actress Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, have agreed to plead guilty to charges in the college admissions bribery case and serve two months in prison, according to court papers filed Thursday.

The couple agreed to plead guilty to conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud in a plea agreement filed in Boston’s federal court. The charge carries up to 20 years in prison and a fine of $250,000.

Prosecutors have agreed to dismiss charges of money laundering and federal programs bribery that were added after the case was filed.

“Under the plea agreements filed today, these defendants will serve prison terms reflecting their respective roles in a conspiracy to corrupt the college admissions process and which are consistent with prior sentences in this case," said United States Attorney Andrew Lelling. "We will continue to pursue accountability for undermining the integrity of college admissions.”

An attorney for the couple declined to comment.

Loughlin and Giannulli previously pleaded not guilty and firmly insisted on their innocence even as other parents reached deals with prosecutors. The couple are the 23rd and 24th parents to plead guilty in the case.

Loughlin and Giannulli are accused of paying $500,000 in bribes to get their daughters into the University of Southern California as crew team recruits, even though neither of them played the sport.

Share:
More In Culture
Animal Care Shelters Reaching Capacity
Animal care shelters in New York City are reaching capacity. Cheddar News spoke to the director of Animal Care Centers of NYC, the largest in the city, who said it's been the worst she's seen in years. The shelter said it's seen a 20% spike in animals.
Top Summer Camp Tips for Parents
With summer officially here, parents are looking for seasonal camps for their children to keep them busy and experience the great outdoors. Cheddar News spoke with two mothers about the best way to prepare as kids set off for camp and activities.
Chef John Fraser Giving Back to Restaurant Workers Through New Initiative
Chef John Fraser, who owns restaurants in New York, California and Florida, is giving back to restaurant workers with a new initiative called "The Industry Table," which provides hospitality employees the chance to eat at restaurants at cost. Chef Fraser explained the program to Cheddar News.
Load More