It seems as though the legal battle between Stormy Daniels and President Donald Trump takes new twists and turns every day, playing out in headlines and on Twitter despite the non-disclosure agreement under dispute.
For former prosecutor Jonna Spilbor, all of this rests on an “unwinnable case” and may just be a publicity stunt.
“[In] simple contract law a deal is a deal,” Spilbor told Cheddar Friday.
“She got the money, she cashed the check, the deal is done...She cannot now go back and say ‘I want another deal.’ It doesn’t work that way.”
Daniels, the adult film star whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, allegedly had an affair with Trump back in 2006. During the 2016 presidential campaign, the then-candidate’s lawyer Michael Cohen, paid Daniels $130,000 in exchange for her silence.
Earlier this month, in an attempt to invalidate an attached non-disclosure agreement, Daniels filed a lawsuit claiming that deal with Cohen was null and void because Trump never signed it.
She sat down with CBS’s “60 Minutes” to tell her side of the story at the beginning of March. The interview will air next week.
For the full interview, click [here](https://cheddar.com/videos/stormy-daniels-case-against-trump).
The lawyer for former NYPD commissioner Bernard Kerik turned over thousands of pages and documents to a special counsel as part of an investigation into Kerik's alleged involvement to overturn the results of the 2020 election.
Israel’s parliament on Monday approved the first major law in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s contentious plan to overhaul the country’s justice system, triggering a new burst of mass protests and drawing accusations that he was pushing the country toward authoritarian rule.
North Korea fired two short-range ballistic missiles into its eastern sea, South Korea’s military said Tuesday, adding to a recent streak in weapons testing that is apparently in protest of the U.S. sending major naval assets to South Korea in a show of force.
Now the federal Mine Safety and Health Administration has proposed a rule that would cut the current limit for silica exposure by half — a major victory for safety advocates. But there is skepticism and concern about the government following through after years of broken promises and delays.
A state trooper's account of officers denying migrants water in 100-degree Fahrenheit (37.7 Celsius) temperatures and razor wire leaving asylum-seekers bloodied has prompted renewed criticism.