It seems as though the legal battle between Stormy Daniels and President Donald Trump takes new twists and turns every day, playing out in headlines and on Twitter despite the non-disclosure agreement under dispute.
For former prosecutor Jonna Spilbor, all of this rests on an “unwinnable case” and may just be a publicity stunt.
“[In] simple contract law a deal is a deal,” Spilbor told Cheddar Friday.
“She got the money, she cashed the check, the deal is done...She cannot now go back and say ‘I want another deal.’ It doesn’t work that way.”
Daniels, the adult film star whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, allegedly had an affair with Trump back in 2006. During the 2016 presidential campaign, the then-candidate’s lawyer Michael Cohen, paid Daniels $130,000 in exchange for her silence.
Earlier this month, in an attempt to invalidate an attached non-disclosure agreement, Daniels filed a lawsuit claiming that deal with Cohen was null and void because Trump never signed it.
She sat down with CBS’s “60 Minutes” to tell her side of the story at the beginning of March. The interview will air next week.
For the full interview, click [here](https://cheddar.com/videos/stormy-daniels-case-against-trump).
Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger said the false alarm "may have been a bogus call" but that law enforcement agencies are ready to stop any attempt to disrupt the court case of former President Donald Trump, who was indicted Tuesday on charges of trying to overthrow the 2020 election.
The federal judge assigned to the election fraud case against former President Donald Trump has stood out as one of the toughest punishers of rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol in an attack fueled by Trump's baseless claims of a stolen election. She has also ruled against him before.