It seems as though the legal battle between Stormy Daniels and President Donald Trump takes new twists and turns every day, playing out in headlines and on Twitter despite the non-disclosure agreement under dispute.
For former prosecutor Jonna Spilbor, all of this rests on an “unwinnable case” and may just be a publicity stunt.
“[In] simple contract law a deal is a deal,” Spilbor told Cheddar Friday.
“She got the money, she cashed the check, the deal is done...She cannot now go back and say ‘I want another deal.’ It doesn’t work that way.”
Daniels, the adult film star whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, allegedly had an affair with Trump back in 2006. During the 2016 presidential campaign, the then-candidate’s lawyer Michael Cohen, paid Daniels $130,000 in exchange for her silence.
Earlier this month, in an attempt to invalidate an attached non-disclosure agreement, Daniels filed a lawsuit claiming that deal with Cohen was null and void because Trump never signed it.
She sat down with CBS’s “60 Minutes” to tell her side of the story at the beginning of March. The interview will air next week.
For the full interview, click [here](https://cheddar.com/videos/stormy-daniels-case-against-trump).
U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez returns to court Monday to enter an expected not guilty plea to a conspiracy charge alleging he acted as an agent of the Egyptian government when he chaired the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
Hamas militants on Friday freed two Americans -- a mother and her teenage daughter who had been held hostage in Gaza since militants rampaged through Israel two weeks ago, the Israeli government said.
A Texas judge has ruled that Infowars host Alex Jones cannot use bankruptcy protection to avoid paying more than $1.1 billion to families who sued over his conspiracy theories that the Sandy Hook school massacre was a hoax.
Former President Donald Trump was fined $5,000 on Friday after a disparaging social media post about a key court staffer in his New York civil fraud case was allowed to linger on his campaign website after the judge ordered it deleted.
Lawyer Kenneth Chesebro pleaded guilty to a felony on Friday just as jury selection was getting underway in his trial on charges accusing him of participating in efforts to overturn Donald Trump’s loss in the 2020 election in Georgia.