It seems as though the legal battle between Stormy Daniels and President Donald Trump takes new twists and turns every day, playing out in headlines and on Twitter despite the non-disclosure agreement under dispute.
For former prosecutor Jonna Spilbor, all of this rests on an “unwinnable case” and may just be a publicity stunt.
“[In] simple contract law a deal is a deal,” Spilbor told Cheddar Friday.
“She got the money, she cashed the check, the deal is done...She cannot now go back and say ‘I want another deal.’ It doesn’t work that way.”
Daniels, the adult film star whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, allegedly had an affair with Trump back in 2006. During the 2016 presidential campaign, the then-candidate’s lawyer Michael Cohen, paid Daniels $130,000 in exchange for her silence.
Earlier this month, in an attempt to invalidate an attached non-disclosure agreement, Daniels filed a lawsuit claiming that deal with Cohen was null and void because Trump never signed it.
She sat down with CBS’s “60 Minutes” to tell her side of the story at the beginning of March. The interview will air next week.
For the full interview, click [here](https://cheddar.com/videos/stormy-daniels-case-against-trump).
An Associated Press analysis of more than 130 bills in 40 state legislatures found of the proposals, as introduced or passed, are identical or very similar to some model legislation, the AP found.
A new poll finds that most U.S. adults say they are highly concerned about how the nation's economy would be affected if the debt limit isn't increased and the government can't pay its debts.
Orlando, FL Mayor Buddy Dyer spoke with Cheddar News about what's in store this summer for his city as Memorial Day weekend kicks off next week and how his administration is navigating certain political challenges.
The Walt Disney Co. says it's scrapping plans to build a new campus in central Florida and relocate 2,000 employees from Southern California to work in digital technology, finance and product development.
News 12 reporter Tara Rosenblum sat down for an exclusive interview with Robert F. Kennedy Jr. who announced his campaign for the 2024 Democratic presidential nomination in April.