*By Alisha Haridasani* Anthony Scaramucci, the former White House communications director, said The New Yorker magazine’s Ryan Lizza acted “inappropriately” when he published [an article](https://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon) that essentially led to Scaramucci’s firing last year. “I was building a rapport with him, I was talking to him very colloquially,” Scaramucci said in an interview with Cheddar’s J.D. Durkin. In that article, Lizza describes a profane on-the-record phone call with Scaramucci in which he criticizes Reince Priebus, the former White House chief of Staff, and Steve Bannon, a former top presidential adviser. A few days later, Scaramucci was out of his job, too. Scaramucci said that Lizza has tried to contact him since the article was published, asking if he would speak to Lizza's class at Georgetown University. "What is this guy -- nuts?” Scaramucci said. Though he only lasted 11 days in his job, Scaramucci said he made important changes at the White House. “I only did, like, three things right when I was there,” Scaramucci said, adding that it was his decision to allow cameras back into the daily news briefings. (The former White House press secretary, Sean Spicer, had barred live coverage of his daily briefings.) “I’m a big believer in the First Amendment,” he said. And it was he who helped convince President Trump to pickSarah Huckabee Sanders to be the White House press secretary. “I think she’s done a great job,” he said. Scaramucci said he's still in touch with the president, who calls him up to talk politics and discuss personal issues. “I’ve probably talked to him 12 or so times,” since leaving the White House, Scaramucci said. “But again, I don’t want to exaggerate my relationship.” For full interview, [click here](https://cheddar.com/videos/anthony-scaramucci-had-leakers-on-the-run-during-his-11-days-at-the-white-house).

Share:
More In Politics
Hutchinson Launches GOP 2024 Bid, Calls on Trump to Drop Out
Asa Hutchinson, who recently completed two terms as Arkansas governor, said Sunday he will seek the Republican presidential nomination, positioning himself as an alternative to Donald Trump just days after the former president was indicted by a grand jury in New York.
DeSantis' Board Says Disney Stripped Them of Power
Board members picked by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to oversee the governance of Walt Disney World said Wednesday that their Disney-controlled predecessors pulled a fast one on them by passing restrictive covenants that strip the new board of many of its powers.
Load More