February 20, 2020: Former passengers of the Diamond Princess cruise ship board a Taxi to leave after spending weeks on board in quarantine due to fears of spreading the COVID-19 Coronavirus in Yokohama. (Photo by Stanislav Kogiku/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)
Princess Cruises, which had one of its ships quarantined off the coast of Japan last month, is suspending global operations through early May because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The cruise line, which is part of Carnival Corp., said Thursday that 18 cruise ships will cease voyages that were scheduled to depart between March 12 and May 10.
Japanese authorities quarantined the Diamond Princess cruise ship off the port of Yokohama for a two weeks after 10 passengers were initially diagnosed with the COVID-19.
The Miami cruise operator said those currently on cruises that will end in the next five days will continue to sail as expected so that travel arrangements aren't disrupted. Sailings underway that extend past March 17 will end at the most convenient location for guests, factoring in operational requirements.
A ransomware attack has prompted a health care chain that operates 30 hospitals in six states to divert patients from at least some of its emergency rooms to other hospitals, while putting certain elective procedures on pause, the company announced.
Online fashion retailer Sheen is reportedly said to go public. Multiple media outlets reported that the Chinese-founded company has filed confidentially for an initial public offering in the U.S.
Under Google’s updated inactive account policy, which the tech giant announced back in May, accounts that haven’t been used in at least two years could be deleted. Accounts deemed inactive could be erased beginning Friday.