Both Republicans and Democrats, including two first ladies, are calling on the president to put an end to Attorney General Jeff Sessions's 'zero tolerance' border policy of separating parents and children for unlawfully crossing the border.
"These images, every day, are starting to break through regular Americans, including the Trump base," said Axios co-founder and executive editor Mike Allen.
Since the policy went into effect in April, almost 2,000 children have been separated from their families.
Over the weekend, former first lady Laura Bush weighed in on the issue, condemning the separations as "immoral" and saying they break her heart.
Current first lady Melania Trump also responded through a spokesperson, she "hates to see children separated from their families and hopes both sides of the aisle can finally come together to achieve successful immigration reform."
Trump will reportedly use this issue as leverage to get funding for his wall when he meets with House Republicans on Tuesday, Allen said in an interview with Cheddar's Jon Steinberg.
For the full interview, [click here](https://cheddar.com/videos/pressure-mounting-on-president-trump-over-immigration).
Eighty-five-year-old Yocheved Lifshitz spoke of a “hell that we never knew before and never thought we would experience” as she described the harrowing Oct. 7 assault on her kibbutz by Hamas militants and the terror of being taken hostage into the Gaza Strip.
Jenna Ellis, an attorney and prominent conservative media figure, reached a deal with prosecutors Tuesday and pleaded guilty to a reduced charge over efforts to overturn Donald Trump’s 2020 election loss in Georgia.
U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez returns to court Monday to enter an expected not guilty plea to a conspiracy charge alleging he acted as an agent of the Egyptian government when he chaired the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
Hamas militants on Friday freed two Americans -- a mother and her teenage daughter who had been held hostage in Gaza since militants rampaged through Israel two weeks ago, the Israeli government said.
A Texas judge has ruled that Infowars host Alex Jones cannot use bankruptcy protection to avoid paying more than $1.1 billion to families who sued over his conspiracy theories that the Sandy Hook school massacre was a hoax.