Prince Albert II attends the 2020 Hollywood For The Global Ocean Gala honoring HSH Prince Albert II Of Monaco at Palazzo di Amore on February 06, 2020 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic )
The palace of Monaco says its ruler, Prince Albert II, has tested positive for the new coronavirus but his health is not worrying.
Albert, 62, appeared to be the first head of state who has publicly said he contracted the virus.
In a statement Thursday, the palace said he is being treated by doctors from the Princess Grace Hospital, named after his U.S. actress mother. It says Albert is continuing to work from his home office in the palace and is in constant contact with members of his government.
In the statement, Albert urged residents of his tiny Mediterranean principality to respect confinement measures.
Albert is the second child of Princess Grace — formerly Grace Kelly — and Prince Rainier of Monaco. Albert became a five-time Olympic bobsledder and in recent years has been a global environmental campaigner.
Fluent in English and French, Albert graduated from Amherst College in Massachusetts with a degree in political science in 1981, and is a member of the International Olympic Committee.
He and his wife, the former Charlene Wittstock, have twin children.
The NFL, in partnership with the American Heart Association and the American Red Cross, is setting up youth CPR training programs all over the country.
Nine-year-old Bobbi Wilson of New Jersey has caught the attention of the Yale School of Public Health for her commitment to exterminating spotted lanternflies. Last year, while spraying the bugs in her neighborhood, a neighbor called police on the little girl.
First responders fired after video of police beating Tyre Nichols was released, 10 people show in Lanland, Fla. and winter storm is causing travel troubles. Here is everything you Need2Know for January 31, 2023.
New Mexico District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies on Tuesday is set to file involuntary manslaughter charges against actor Alec Baldwin and armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed.
TV actresses Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams smile at the Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, Sept. 9, 1979. The duo play television's "Laverne and Shirley." (AP Photo/George Brich)