Prince Albert II attends the 2020 Hollywood For The Global Ocean Gala honoring HSH Prince Albert II Of Monaco at Palazzo di Amore on February 06, 2020 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic )
The palace of Monaco says its ruler, Prince Albert II, has tested positive for the new coronavirus but his health is not worrying.
Albert, 62, appeared to be the first head of state who has publicly said he contracted the virus.
In a statement Thursday, the palace said he is being treated by doctors from the Princess Grace Hospital, named after his U.S. actress mother. It says Albert is continuing to work from his home office in the palace and is in constant contact with members of his government.
In the statement, Albert urged residents of his tiny Mediterranean principality to respect confinement measures.
Albert is the second child of Princess Grace — formerly Grace Kelly — and Prince Rainier of Monaco. Albert became a five-time Olympic bobsledder and in recent years has been a global environmental campaigner.
Fluent in English and French, Albert graduated from Amherst College in Massachusetts with a degree in political science in 1981, and is a member of the International Olympic Committee.
He and his wife, the former Charlene Wittstock, have twin children.
France celebrated Bastille Day last week, and restauranteur Kiril Mihajlov executive chef Alan Vargas of The Consulate stopped by Cheddar News to prepare a classic French dish.
Authorities in Nevada confirmed Tuesday that they served a search warrant this week in connection with the long-unsolved killing of rapper Tupac Shakur.
Two more tourists have been caught allegedly defacing the Colosseum in Rome. just weeks after a similar incident involving another tourist took place in June.
Tom Cruise has reportedly joined negotiations between SAG-AFTRA and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, according to The Hollywood Reporter.