The Lincoln Motor Company on Wednesday announced that it plans to release its first all-electric vehicle being built in partnership with the EV startup Rivian.
"Working with Rivian marks a pivotal point for Lincoln as we move toward a future that includes fully electric vehicles," Lincoln President Joy Falotico said in a statement. "Zero emissions, effortless performance, and connected and intuitive technology. It's going to be stunning."
The move from Lincoln, Ford Motor Company's luxury line, is a product of Ford's $500 million investment in Rivian last April, which itself is part of Ford's outsized $11.5 billion investment in electric vehicles and charging infrastructure.
The automaker is working with Rivian to introduce a fully electric version of the F-150 pickup, and last fall unveiled the Mustang Mach-E, a sporty crossover that promises to be Ford's first mass-produced electric vehicle since it discontinued its battery-powered Fusion in 2018.
The moves reflect how Ford ($F), rather than attempting to sell consumers on entirely new vehicles is instead harnessing its marquee brands to drive its electrification push. The Ford F-Series has repeatedly ranked as its best-selling product and the top-selling vehicle in America, and the Ford Transit – another vehicle set to be introduced in an all-electric variety – is one of the most popular utility vans in the world.
"Our vehicle development partnership with Ford is an exciting opportunity to pair our technology with Lincoln's vision for innovation and refinement. We are proud to collaborate on Lincoln's first fully electric vehicle," Rivian CEO RJ Scaringe said in a statement.
Updated to reflect that Lincoln has not revealed the vehicle model to be be built.
AI is reshaping investigations. Longeye CEO Guillaume Delepine shares how their AI workspace empowers law enforcement to uncover insights faster and smarter.
Stephen Kates, Financial Analyst at Bankrate, joins to discuss the Fed’s 25-basis-point rate cut, inflation risks, and what it all means for consumers and marke
Big tech earnings take center stage as investors digest results from Alphabet, Meta, Microsoft, Amazon, and Apple, with insights from Gil Luria of D.A. Davidson
Disney content has gone dark on YouTube TV, leaving subscribers of the Google-owned live streaming platform without access to major networks like ESPN and ABC. That’s because the companies have failed to reach a new licensing deal to keep Disney channels on YouTube TV. Depending on how long it lasts, the dispute could particularly impact coverage of U.S. college football matchups over the weekend — on top of other news and entertainment disruptions that have already arrived. In the meantime, YouTube TV subscribers who want to watch Disney channels could have little choice other than turning to the company’s own platforms, which come with their own price tags.
President Donald Trump said he has decided to lower his combined tariff rates on imports of Chinese goods to 47% after talks with Chinese leader Xi Jinping on curbing fentanyl trafficking.
Universal Music Group and AI platform Udio have settled a copyright lawsuit and will collaborate on a new music creation and streaming platform. The companies announced on Wednesday that they reached a compensatory legal settlement and new licensing agreements. These agreements aim to provide more revenue opportunities for Universal's artists and songwriters. The rise of AI song generation tools like Udio has disrupted the music streaming industry, leading to accusations from record labels. This deal marks the first since Universal and others sued Udio and Suno last year. Financial terms of the settlement weren't disclosed.