Jared Kushner Is a "Dead Man Walking" In The White House
Hope Hicks won’t likely be the last one out the door of this White House. And according to political consultant Rick Wilson, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior advisor Jared Kushner will be next.
“I don’t think there’s a tenable path for Jared Kushner to stay in the White House. That’s just because he’s under multiple investigations from state and federal law enforcement and regulatory agencies,” said Wilson.
“I think he’s pretty much a dead man walking at this point.”
Wilson pointed to rumors the President wants Chief of Staff John Kelly to get rid of both Kushner and Ivanka Trump.
Kushner at one point had clearance for classified information and unfettered access to the President. In the past few weeks, though, he had his security privileges stripped, and now it seems as though he has one foot out the door.
Speculation is also swirling about the exit of Gary Cohn, Trump’s top economic adviser. The former Goldman Sachs COO voiced strong opposition to the President’s proposed steel and aluminium tariffs.
But Wilson thinks Cohn might stick it out for a little longer. According to one of Wilson’s sources, Cohn “wants to help do a banking deal with the Senate.” Wilson didn’t have further details about the deal.
U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez returns to court Monday to enter an expected not guilty plea to a conspiracy charge alleging he acted as an agent of the Egyptian government when he chaired the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
Hamas militants on Friday freed two Americans -- a mother and her teenage daughter who had been held hostage in Gaza since militants rampaged through Israel two weeks ago, the Israeli government said.
A Texas judge has ruled that Infowars host Alex Jones cannot use bankruptcy protection to avoid paying more than $1.1 billion to families who sued over his conspiracy theories that the Sandy Hook school massacre was a hoax.
Former President Donald Trump was fined $5,000 on Friday after a disparaging social media post about a key court staffer in his New York civil fraud case was allowed to linger on his campaign website after the judge ordered it deleted.
Lawyer Kenneth Chesebro pleaded guilty to a felony on Friday just as jury selection was getting underway in his trial on charges accusing him of participating in efforts to overturn Donald Trump’s loss in the 2020 election in Georgia.