*By Michael Teich* Charlie Rose sexually harassed dozens of women over three decades despite three separate complaints to CBS managers, according to [a Washington Post investigation](https://www.washingtonpost.com/charlie-roses-misconduct-was-widespread-at-cbs-and-three-managers-were-warned-investigation-finds/2018/05/02/80613d24-3228-11e8-94fa-32d48460b955_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.88c7b03dc107). "For someone to have this many allegations against him it raises the question of who knew what about his behavior and when they knew it," said Amy Brittain, a Washington Post reporter who last year revealed disturbing allegations against Rose . The first complaint against the longtime CBS newsman was in 1986, Brittain said, and the most recent complaint was made in 2017, months before Rose was fired by the network and his show on PBS was canceled. CBS said it did not receive any official human resources complaints about Rose, but Brittain's reporting found that several women told managers at the network that Rose behaved inappropriately toward them. Brittain said since [her initial article about Rose](https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/eight-women-say-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-them--with-nudity-groping-and-lewd-calls/2017/11/20/9b168de8-caec-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html?utm_term=.cf1bcc86010f) last November, CBS has adopted new practices to address workplace issues. The network implemented mandatory in-person sexual-harassment awareness training for employees, and created a Workplace Council made up of 12 employees designed to improve company culture. As many as 35 women have accused Rose of groping them, making lewd comments, and walking around naked in their presence. The accusations go back 42 years, according to The Post's reporting. The newly reported accusations include 14 women who were CBS News employees and 13 who worked with Rose elsewhere. The revelations follow accusations by eight women for sexual misconduct at his PBS program. For full interview, [click here](https://cheddar.com/videos/more-women-accuse-charlie-rose-of-sexual-misconduct).

Share:
More In Politics
U.S. Death Toll in Israel-Hamas War Rises to 22 as Blinken Heads to Israel
The number of U.S. citizens confirmed to have been killed in the Israel-Hamas war has risen to at least 22 with at least 17 more Americans unaccounted for, the State Department said Wednesday. That's an increase in the death toll from 14 the day before, in a war that has already claimed more than 2,200 lives on both sides.
Israel-Hamas War Enters 5th Day
The Israel-Hamas war is now in its fifth day with Israeli officials saying at least 1200 people have been killed in the country, including 150 soldiers. President Joe Biden has confirmed at least 14 Americans are among the dead.
Negotiations Begin on Student Loan Forgiveness
Negotiations started on the Biden administration's latest attempt at student loan forgiveness after the Supreme Court blocked Biden's attempt to use the 2003 Heroes Act to advance student loan forgiveness.
Load More