*By Michael Teich*
Charlie Rose sexually harassed dozens of women over three decades despite three separate complaints to CBS managers, according to [a Washington Post investigation](https://www.washingtonpost.com/charlie-roses-misconduct-was-widespread-at-cbs-and-three-managers-were-warned-investigation-finds/2018/05/02/80613d24-3228-11e8-94fa-32d48460b955_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.88c7b03dc107).
"For someone to have this many allegations against him it raises the question of who knew what about his behavior and when they knew it," said Amy Brittain, a Washington Post reporter who last year revealed disturbing allegations against Rose .
The first complaint against the longtime CBS newsman was in 1986, Brittain said, and the most recent complaint was made in 2017, months before Rose was fired by the network and his show on PBS was canceled.
CBS said it did not receive any official human resources complaints about Rose, but Brittain's reporting found that several women told managers at the network that Rose behaved inappropriately toward them.
Brittain said since [her initial article about Rose](https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/eight-women-say-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-them--with-nudity-groping-and-lewd-calls/2017/11/20/9b168de8-caec-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html?utm_term=.cf1bcc86010f) last November, CBS has adopted new practices to address workplace issues. The network implemented mandatory in-person sexual-harassment awareness training for employees, and created a Workplace Council made up of 12 employees designed to improve company culture.
As many as 35 women have accused Rose of groping them, making lewd comments, and walking around naked in their presence. The accusations go back 42 years, according to The Post's reporting. The newly reported accusations include 14 women who were CBS News employees and 13 who worked with Rose elsewhere. The revelations follow accusations by eight women for sexual misconduct at his PBS program.
For full interview, [click here](https://cheddar.com/videos/more-women-accuse-charlie-rose-of-sexual-misconduct).
House Republicans made post-midnight changes to their sweeping debt ceiling package to win over holdouts, as Speaker Kevin McCarthy pushed ahead Wednesday with plans to launch debate and round up support from his slim majority for a vote this week.
South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol opened his state visit to Washington on Tuesday by touring a NASA facility with Vice President Kamala Harris as the Biden administration looks to deepen ties with a close ally that it sees as only growing in importance in an increasingly complicated Indo-Pacific.
Colorado is set to become the first state to sign a ‘right to repair’ law allowing farmers to fix their own equipment with a bill signing Tuesday afternoon by Democratic Gov. Jared Polis.
President Joe Biden has formally announced he’s seeking reelection.
Three Tennessee lawmakers who became Democratic heroes for facing expulsion after participating in gun control protests visited the White House on Monday, describing themselves as “representatives of a movement" that is demanding greater restrictions on firearms to save lives.
Speaker Kevin McCarthy is hurtling toward one of the most consequential weeks of the new House Republican majority as he labors to pass a partisan package that would raise the nation's debt limit by $1.5 trillion in exchange for steep cuts that some in his own party oppose.
A former advice columnist’s nearly 30-year-old rape claim against Donald Trump has gone to trial.
President Joe Biden on Tuesday formally announced that he is running for reelection in 2024, asking voters to give him more time to “finish this job” he began when he was sworn into office and to set aside their concerns about extending the run of America’s oldest president for another four years.
The sheriff's office in Carroll County, northeast of Louisville, has hired former Louisville police officer Myles Cosgrove, who fatally shot Taylor in a March 2020 drug raid that used a faulty warrant to break through her door.
The United States has begun facilitating the departure of private U.S. citizens who want to leave Sudan, according to White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan.
Load More