From Aquaman on 'Shark Week' to a movie pricing fail, here's what's happening in entertainment.

AquaMomoa

Aquaman star Jason Momoa has a huge task at hand (Ed. note: fin) this week as Shark Week gets underway.

He's been tapped to take up hosting duties for Discovery's week-long extravaganza and it really is familiar territory for the actor. Being on screen is no big deal but he also has an affinity for the water that he said made taking the job an easy decision.

"My heart is in the ocean," Momoa told the Associated Press. "Doing 'Shark Week' is a no-brainer."

Momoa also revealed that before he turned to acting, he had a dream to become a marine biologist. Viewers will have tons of time to catch him on the small screen with more than 20 hours of new programming, which is slated to get underway on July 23.

Also, in Aquaman news, ahead of the sequel's release in December, Ben Affleck's scheduled cameo in the project has been axed. Affleck apparently reprised his role as Bruce Wayne and Batman, but an overhaul of the project has seen those scene snipped, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/reel/CulXWIXJdkp/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D[instagram]

Tupac Update

Yesterday, we told you about a newly-served search warrant in Henderson, Nevada related to the investigation into the 1996 shooting death of rapper Tupac Shakur.

Now there is more information about what law enforcement officials were up to during the search. The home was linked to the uncle of a man who police long-suspected had some involvement in the shooting.

The Associated Press revealed that police went to a home linked to Duane "Keffe D" Davis, who apparently is a self-described gangster. His nephew, Orlando Anderson, was a known rival of Shakur and was a person of interest. Anderson died in 1998 in Compton, California in a gang shooting.

Among the items confiscated were cell phones, computers, documents related to a documentary, a Vibe magazine featuring Shakur and several .40 caliber bullets.

All Seats Same Price

Earlier this year AMC Theaters unveiled a plan to implement "Sightline" seating, which would charge customers based on their seat location in a theater. But the chain is walking back that plan.

Premium seats, which were located in the middle of each theater, would cost slightly more than others. "Cheap seats," according to AMC, would have been located at the very front rows. The plan received backlash on social media almost immediately. 

The company apparently came to the decision to rollback sightline seating after running pilot program in various locations. "To ensure AMC's ticket prices remain competitive, the Sightline at AMC pilot program will come to an end at participating locations in the coming weeks, and the initiative will not rollout nationwide," AMC said in a press release.

Share:
More In Culture
Need2Know: Vaccine 'Open Season,' Taylor Swift's Back & The Year of the Ox
Jill is joined by Baker Machado to talk about Dr. Fauci's new prediction for when most Americans should be able to get the COVID vaccine. Plus, it's the defense's turn in the impeachment trial, Bumble goes public, and Taylor Swift rerecords her music. So, how does it sound? Baker's got the scoop.
Need2Know: Double Masking, Pot Stocks Surge & Drunk Brady
Jill is joined by Mosheh Oinounou to talk about the CDC's new research on double masking (two is better than one) and the latest on the impeachment trial. Plus, everyone's loving "Drunk Tom Brady," and what's the real story behind Bruce Springsteen's DWI?
Load More